Last updated 04/15/2020
This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) describes prohibited uses of hitpath.com (the Site) and the HitPath® affiliate tracking software ( collectively the “Services”) as owned and operated by WebApps, LLC, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates (“WebApps”). This is not an exhaustive list of prohibited activities and WebApps reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time. If you have entered into a License Agreement with WebApps, the terms and conditions of that Agreement shall control in the event of a conflict with this Policy.
For questions regarding this policy, please contact Webapps at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the Services or accessing the Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate this policy or authorize or assist others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use
You may not use, encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use the Services and/or the Site for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities include:
- Any activities that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation.
- Using Hitpath Services to infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Using Hitpath Services to store or disseminate harmful content including but not limited to content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots. Phishing related emails, content or offers and campaigns directing a user to sites deemed illegal or possibly involved in phishing or identity theft by internet hosts.
- Unsolicited Commercial Email – Spam. WebApps does not permit spam or forced opt-in when using HitPath® code.
- Racial, ethnic, political, hate-mongering or otherwise objectionable content.
- Software Pirating (e.g., Warez) or Hacking or Phishing.
- Using HitPath® branded URLS.
- Using Hitpath Services to improperly access information which you are contractually or legally barred from accessing and/or using.
- Using Hitpath Services to violate contractual obligations with other entities including non-disclosure agreements and non-compete agreements.
- Using aliases or false identities to hide your true identity.
Access and Online Behavior
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communication system, software application, or network or computing device (“System”). These prohibited activities include but are not limited to:
- Allows other persons or entities to access the Services using your credentials or Hitpath Privileges;
- Monitoring data or traffic on the System without permission;
- Falsifying origin information in order to gain access the System of the Services in any way other than as specifically permitted under the License Agreement, if applicable.
- Transferring data available via your instance of the Hitpath Software to any other person.
WebApps reserves the right to monitor your activity when using the Services. In the event that we suspect that your activities violate any law or regulation, we reserve the right to report those activities to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators or other appropriate third parties. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
You may only use the Services in compliance with the rules, regulations, and laws of each applicable country and/or province where you and/or your publishers or affiliates conduct business.
A violation of or an alleged violation of this Policy will result in the immediate termination of your License Agreement, in WebApps’ sole discretion.
Please immediately inform us of any violation of this Policy.